TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to Nethouseplans!
Thank you for using our products and services ("House plans", "products" or "Services").
- These terms and conditions apply to all transactions concluded by you, the customer (also referred to as "You", "your", "User", "Client" or "Purchaser"), when you shop via the Nethouseplans website (Also referred to as "the Website" or "Site") at www.nethouseplans.com and through any other agents or representative of Nethouseplans (Also referred to as "us", "we", "Nethouseplans.com", "NHP" or "Nethouseplans") other than the online store.
- By entering the Nethouseplans website on www.nethouseplans.com, registering at the online store or contacting and receiving any services via any personnel, agent or representative of Nethouseplans you accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions, together with any agreement referred herein shall constitute an agreement between the user of the Nethouseplans website and/or services and products and Nethouseplans
- These terms and conditions and/or agreement shall supersede any prior or post understanding or agreements, whether oral or written, and may only be modified in writing and signed by both parties.
- The purchaser acknowledge, that your use of this site is at your sole risk, that you assume full responsibility for all costs associated and arising from your use of this site. Nethouseplans shall not be liable for any damages of any kind related to your use of this site and as applicable by law.
- Nethouseplans.com reserves the right, at any time, to modify, alter, or update these Terms and Conditions and all other information pertaining to our site. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you agree to be bound by such modifications, alterations, or updates. The information contained in this site, including but not limited to the rules that govern the use of the site, is subject to change without notice. Your use of the Site following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by those rules.
- If you do not agree to these terms, you may not use this site and the services on offer.
- All website design, text, graphics, and the selection and arrangement thereof are copyrighted by Nethouseplans. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- All house plans/building plans/architectural designs/home plans/house floor plans/brick wall house plans/blueprints/drawings/3D Renders/Images and content in this website are property of Nethouseplans. Copyright is reserved to Nethouseplans in terms of South African Laws & Regulations and ALL related International treaties and trade provisions. Only the purchaser of a house plan is allowed to build one house, only one time unless otherwise stated in writing by Nethouseplans. Any purchased house plans/building plans/architectural designs/ home plans/ house floor plans/blueprints/ drawings3D Renders/Images or part thereof cannot be copied and/or reproduced by any means and for any reason other than for purposes of building the house for which the plans have been purchased for
- Any other use of house plans/building plans/architectural designs/home plans/house floor plans/brick wall house plans/blueprints/drawings/3D Renders/Images and content on this site, including reproduction for purposes other than noted above, modification, distribution, or reproduction-without the prior written permission of Nethouseplans will constitute a criminal offence and it is strictly prohibited.
- All house plans/building plans/architectural designs/home plans/house floor plans/brick wall house plans/blueprints/drawings/3D Renders/Images and content reproduced by Nethouseplans as part of any plan modification orders remain under copyright of Nethouseplans.
At Nethouseplans we have made extensive efforts to provide our clients with house plans/building plans/architectural designs/home plans/house floor plans/brick wall house plans/blueprints/drawings/3D Renders/Images/content (products) and services that are precise in detail and beneficial to the client. However, due to variations in local, regional and state applications of building codes and requirements, individual preferences, geographical and topography conditions of individual sites, building materials and because we are not contracted for any site inspection or supervision of the works:
- Nethouseplans disclaim all warranties and liabilities, of any kind whether express or implied arising from the use of our house plans/building plans/architectural designs/home plans/house floor plans/brick wall house plans/blueprints/drawings/3D Renders/Images and content, documentation and content on our website and for all services and/or lack thereof obtained by any user or purchaser of Nethouseplans products and services.
- Due to the use of third parties including postal agencies, Nethouseplans disclaims any liability, express or implied for any damages, consequential, incidental, direct or indirect as a result of the use of such agencies. In the event of any liability being imposed on Nethouseplans, Nethouseplans' liability to the purchaser or any third party shall not exceed the price paid directly for Nethouseplans' products by any such agency and/or purchaser.
- Nethouseplans reserve the right to make corrections on our plans and content without any liability, consequential or otherwise. The purchaser shall then notify Nethouseplans, in writing, of any need for such corrections within 7 days of receiving the plans. All house plans/building plans/architectural designs/home plans/house floor plans/brick wall house plans/blueprints/drawings/3D Renders/Images/content, information, documentation received from Nethouseplans is provided as a guide only and therefore it is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure the accuracy, fitness of purpose and statutory requirements of any information, plan and/or content obtained from Nethouseplans prior to use thereof.
- Any use of the house plans/building plans/architectural designs/home plans/house floor plans/brick wall house plans/blueprints/drawings/3D Renders/Images/content, or modifications of the plans, by purchasers, builders or others is done at your own risk. All construction plans ordered through Nethouseplans are provided "as-is" and Nethouseplans and the designer disclaim all other warranties, express or implied, including merchantability or fitness of purpose. It is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy, compliance with applicable statute or regulation, and fitness of purpose of any house plans/building plans/architectural designs/home plans/house floor plans/brick wall house plans/blueprints/drawings/3D Renders/Images/content or construction information received from Nethouseplans prior to use thereof. As a result, the customer undertakes to consult, at his own cost, only professionally registered persons and/or institutions for such additional work.
- While at Nethouseplans we make every effort to ensure accuracy of information in our house plans/building plans/architectural designs/ home plans/ house floor plans/ blueprints/ drawings, plans on this site do not have a Local Authority, Architectural or Engineering signature, seal or stamp of approval. In some cases, plans may require certain modifications or further information in order to comply with local conditions. Customers are hereby given permission to consult a local authority officer, architectural and/or engineering practitioner prior to purchasing plans on our website and before commencement of construction, in order to ensure compliance with all local building regulations, town planning and other applicable statutory laws.Â As a result, the customer undertakes to consult, at his own cost, only professionally registered persons and/or institutions for such additional work.
- All house plans/building plans/architectural designs/home plans/house floor plans/brick wall house plans/blueprints/drawings/3D Renders/Images on this site are designed by Nethouseplans' architects, technologists and draughtsmen employed or subcontracted to Nethouseplans and they provide a general layout, design intent, and concepts for your builder to construct the house, however, In some cases the plans may not include all or relevant details that may be required by yourself, local authority, engineer or your specific builder and therefore You shall undertake to advise your architect, technologist, draughtsman, engineer and/or builder that the plans are not complete in every detail, and may require additional drawings or details to build the house in as much as your specific local conditions require. Â As a result, the customer undertakes to consult, at his own cost, only professionally registered persons and/or institutions for such additional work.
- Our house plans/building plans/architectural designs/home plans/house floor plans/brick wall house plans/blueprints/drawings/3D Renders/Images may include some items, schedules, sections, details, notes, sizes and specifications which were drawn from original archives. However, due to the wide variety of local regulations, various manufactures, human errors, etc. these references are for information only and do not represent an endorsement or recommendation by Nethouseplans. The customer, his local architect, draughtsman, engineer and/or builder are therefore responsible for the final selection and installation of all such items, schedules, sections, details, notes, sizes and specifications to be used. As a result, the customer undertakes to consult, at his own cost, only professionally registered persons and/or institutions for such additional work.
- The Purchaser agrees to have read and understood all building and architectural requirements imposed by his local authority and/or Homeowner's Association prior to purchasing our plans and/or services and shall not in any way impose such responsibility and/or obligation to comply with such requirements on Nethouseplans.
- We shall not be liable to you nor held in breach of contract for any loss or damage which may be suffered as a direct or indirect result of us being prevented, hindered or delayed in the performance by reason of any circumstances beyond our reasonable control including (but not limited to) any act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, government action, explosion, fire, flood, storm, accident, strike, lock-out, trade dispute or labour disturbance, breakdown of plant or machinery, interruption in the supply of power or materials.
- No relaxation, forbearance, delay or indulgence by either you or us in enforcing any of these Conditions or the granting of time by either party to the other shall prejudice or restrict such rights and powers.
- No waiver of any term or condition of these Conditions shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by us. The waiver of any breach of any Condition shall not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach or condition.
- If for any reason we determine or a court of competent jurisdiction finds that any provision or portion of these conditions to be illegal, unenforceable, or invalid under applicable law AND/OR in a particular jurisdiction:
- Where applicable, the remainder of these Conditions (to the fullest extent permitted by law) will continue in full force and effect.
- Nethouseplans endeavours to maintain the website and its operation, but is not, and cannot be responsible for the results of any defects that may exist in the products, website or its operation. As to the operation of the website, Nethouseplans expressly disclaims all liabilities of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to all implied liabilities or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. Nethouseplans makes no warranty that (I) The operation of the website will meet the user's requirements; (II) Access to the website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, free of viruses or other harmful components, or free of defects or errors; (III) The results that may be obtained from the use of the website will be accurate or reliable; or (IV) Defects will be corrected. "You" (and NOT Nethouseplans) assume the entire cost of all servicing, repair or correction that may be necessary for your computer equipment and software as a result of any viruses, errors or any other problems whatsoever you may have as a result of visiting the website.
- The user agrees that any modification that may be undertaken to the house plans/building plans/architectural designs/home plans/house floor plans/brick wall house plans/blueprints/drawings/3D Renders/Images designed by Nethouseplans or agents does not alter the fact that Nethouseplans continues to own the copyright.
- Such modifications shall be deemed to be final, complete and acceptable to the User after 24 hours have passed after physical or electronic copies of the plans have been delivered without any written notice to the contrary.
- Plan Modifications will also be deemed to be final, complete and acceptable to the User who collects such house plans/building plans/architectural designs/home plans/house floor plans/brick wall house plans/blueprints/drawings/3D Renders/Images from NHP's offices once collection/delivery documents have been signed by the User or his representative who collects them. Drawing revisions, for any other reason, requested after this final delivery date and other than provided for elsewhere in these conditions are considered additional services and shall be billed as additional services.
- The purchaser undertakes to abide and conform to their local authority, body corporate and/or Homeowner's Association requirements. The Purchaser agrees to have read and understood all building and architectural requirements imposed by his local authority, body corporate and/or Homeowner's Association prior to purchasing the plans and shall not in any way impose such responsibility and/or obligation to comply with such requirements on Nethouseplans.
- All revisions and modifications to house plans/building plans/architectural designs/home plans/house floor plans/brick wall house plans/blueprints/drawings/3D Renders/Images required by your local authority, body corporate and/or Homeowner's Association are not included as part of the modification services as requested by the purchaser and shall, where provided, be billed as additional services.
- Nethouseplans shall assume that the client has obtained sufficient information and knowledge pertaining to all other requirements by his local authority, body corporate and/or Homeowner's Association prior to accepting such modifications from us. Any further architectural services to make changes for compliance with local building codes will be charged as additional services.
- Payment for modifications is due at the time of ordering such modifications unless otherwise agreed upon in writing. Payments due to NHP and unpaid under this agreement shall bear interest from thirty (30) days after the date of Invoice at 8.5% per month. Nethouseplans.com shall withhold the release of any house plans/building plans/architectural designs/home plans/house floor plans/brick wall house plans/blueprints/drawings/3D Renders/Images and/or any contract documents, if payment on invoices is not received on time. If the scope of the project or modifications is changed materially, the fees for modifications shall be adjusted accordingly.
- The modifications agreement may be terminated by either party upon seven (7) days written notice. If the termination is by the user no refund of payment will be made by NHP regardless of the time that lapse between entering into the agreement by both parties and the time of such termination. If the termination is by NHP, a partial refund can be offered. Any such partial refunds to the Client shall be calculated at the sole discretion of NHP and shall not include any amounts paid for the original drawings purchased from NHP by the user. Notwithstanding All other provisions in these terms and conditions, Plans on our website were created to comply with the South African National Building Regulations and other statutory requirements.
- Due to the nature of server provision, repairs, system mal-function, downtime and lost transmissions may occur to our website services. The User undertakes to allow NHP unlimited time to undertake the necessary maintenance to resolve such downtime and/or malfunction/s. As a result, and in the event of any query arising therefore, the User undertakes to allow NHP enough time to undertake such repairs as may be necessary, without prejudice and/or liability. Furthermore, the User will provide proof for such downtime, including but not limited to dates and times in order to enable NHP to resolve any such queries that may arise. Notwithstanding the above, the User agrees to enter into this agreement at his own risk and consents that there shall be no liability, refunds or compensation for any such downtime.
- RETURNS AND REFUNDS
- House plans/building plans/architectural designs/home plans/house floor plans/brick wall house plans/blueprints/drawings/3D Renders/Images cannot be returned for credit and/or refund under any circumstances.
- Where an incorrect plan was delivered to the customer it shall be the responsibility of the customer to notify Nethouseplans within a period of 7 days after receipt of the plans. In such cases Nethouseplans shall be allowed an unlimited period of not less than 14 days to rectify such an order.
Your order will normally be dispatched within 7 (Seven) working days of placing the order.Â While we endeavour to meet such timescales or dates, we do not undertake to dispatch and/or deliver Products by a particular date or dates. Delivery timescales/dates specified on the site, in any order of acknowledgement, acceptance or elsewhere are estimates only.
- Delivery to overseas customers shall be by email at no additional charge. Alternatively, customers may request that plans (hard copies) be mailed through reputable third party courier companies (i.e. South African Postal Services, DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc.).Â In that case, the client shall bear the cost of such services.
- Delivery of parcels shall pass to the customer immediately on submission of parcels to shipping/mailing agent(s) by Nethouseplans.
- It is the user's responsibility to track the order through any such third parties.
- Due to the use of such third parties, Nethouseplans disclaims all liability, express or implied or for any damages, consequential, incidental, direct or indirect as a result of the use of such agencies.
- In the event of any liability being imposed, Nethouseplans' liability to the purchaser or any third party shall not exceed the initial cost of shipping/mailing paid directly by Nethouseplans and/or user to such agents.
- Nethouseplans reserve the right to use any shipping/postal agent of it's choice for the shipping/mailing of plans
- The user authorises Nethouseplans to share the user's personal information with third parties who are used to fulfil the user's order or satisfy our obligations to you.
- If you fail to take delivery of the goods or fail to give us an adequate delivery instructions on the date agreed for delivery/collection, then we reserve the right to charge you for any subsequent holding and re-delivery costs.
- It is recommended that you make aware any person who will be accepting the goods to check such goods for any defects before signing the delivery documents. You agree that you shall be responsible for such signed documents and will thus have no claim for any liability whatsoever against Nethouseplans.
- Should there be no person available to accept the delivery of the goods at the address provided, you will then accept charges for any subsequent deliveries.
- NETHOUSEPLANS reserve the right to amend any prices without any prior notice and at any time and the right to add or withdraw any product at any time.
- All purchases made through the site and/or via any personnel of Nethouseplans are considered valid and final.Â
- Payment shall be made by such methods as are indicated on the Site â€“ Credit Card, Direct Bank Cash Deposit and/or Electronic Fund Transfer, PayPal and PayFast and not by any other means unless we have given our prior agreement.
- Â No counterclaim or set-off may be deducted from any payment due without our written consent.
- You represent that all information provided by you when ordering a Product is up-to-date and accurate in all material respects and is sufficient for us to fulfil your Product order.
- You also represent that you are a sane individual and over 18 years of age.
- You are responsible for maintaining and promptly updating your account information with us for accuracy and completeness and keeping such information (and any passwords given to you for the purposes of accessing the Site, services and/or purchasing Products) secure against unauthorised access.
- Any warranties given in relation to these Conditions only extend to you on the understanding that you are a final user and not a reseller of the Products.
- No warranty, commitment, fact or any other obligation should ever be assumed by you on our behalf without our prior express written consent.
Â If any licence or consent of any government or other authority is required for the acquisition, carriage or use of our products by you, you shall obtain such licence or consent at your own expense and if necessary produce evidence to us on demand. Failure to do so shall not entitle you to withhold or delay payment of the price. Any additional expenses or charges incurred by us resulting from such failure shall be met by you.
Products licensed or sold to you under these Conditions may be subject to export control laws and regulations in the Territory or other relevant jurisdiction where you take delivery or use them. You shall be responsible for complying with those laws and will not do anything to breach them.
Â Items entering your country (if outside South African Borders) from outside over a certain value may be subject to customs charges (e.g. where costs are in excess of your personal import allowance). You may be subject to customs charges, import duties and taxes, levied when the Product reaches your specified destination. Any such additional charges for customs clearance or import duties or taxes must be met by you, since we have no control over what these charges are. You should contact the local customs office in the relevant jurisdiction for further information on customs policies or duties.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The construction validity and performance of these Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African Courts in the event of legal proceedings arising from any dispute.
13. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION (FAQ)
How to place an order
Q: I have seen a house plan that I like, how do I place an order?
A: Ordering is easy. Simply browse through our wide variety of house plans/building plans/architectural designs/home plans/house floor plans/brick wall house plans/blueprints/drawings/3D Renders/Images . Once you find a plan that you like. You can place the order on that page using our online shopping cart by clicking on "BUY" and following all the prompts or you can use one of the alternative methods below. Alternatively:
1. Give Us a Call:
Call one of our representatives on:
Tel. (+27) 11 083 9333 or (+27)84-011-7761
8:00am - 4:00pm South African Time.
2. Email Us:
Once you have placed an order for one of our plans, you will be well on your way to building your dream home! Please note that we also offer custom house designing.
All purchase orders must be accompanied by a proof of bank deposit for the total amount charged prior to plans being mailed to you. Our banking details are as follows:
Nethouseplans, First National Bank
Br Code - 251650
Acc No. - 62176338476
International Swift Code: FIRNZAJJ
Inclusions and exclusions in the package
Q: What Do I get when I buy a house plan from Nethouseplans.com?
A: The contents of each house plan package are different, However all plans will include detailed,
High-quality working drawings. This includes the following:
These drawings contains a bird's eye view of each floor layout â€“ showing all walls, rooms, doors, windows, dimensions, drainage, notes and details of material items. It also provides references to other sections and components located elsewhere on the plans
These Plans show the sides of the house normally when viewed from all 4 sides - North, South, East and West. The external treatment of walls, exterior materials and finishes is also shown. These drawings give notes and details to drainage components and vertical dimensions of the structure. Corbelling details and roofing notes are also elaborated. All other specific and unique details to the plan in question are indicated here.
A cross-section shows a sliced view of the entire structure taken at specific points. Large-scale views show sections or cuttings of the foundations, ground level, staircases, walls, floors and roof details. Additional cross-sections may show important details which may otherwise be hidden in the deepest layers of a structure. Sections show how different components interconnect to form a solid and monolithic outcome that becomes a dwelling house. In some cases a large scaled drawing may be necessary to illustrate the interconnectedness of even the smaller components of the building which then translates to the builder and other building consultants what the structure is made of.
- ELECTRICAL PLAN WITH ELECTRICAL SYMBOL LEGENDS
This plan provides suggested positions of electrical switches, plugs, lighting, outlets, etc. A layout is provided for each floor level, each room, garage and the exterior. NB. The electrician is responsible for the designs and reticulation of all circuits, wiring and all engineering details of the entire system.
These are included in the respective Floor plans and Elevation diagrams. Their details and notes are also specified here.
This plan shows an overview of the roof configuration. Roof valleys, ridges, Overhangs and Angles are shown. The specifications and details of roofing materials to be used are also detailed.
Q: What is not included in your plans?
These shows the location of the house in relation to you specific site (plot or stand). The Natural contours are normally shown in these plans showing the contrast between the gradient of the ground levels and the proposed structure. These include the position of service connections that are prescribed for your site.
NB. For a relatively small fee a local Architect or Draughtsman can be appointed to produce a Site Plan for you.
In some specific structural situations (i.e. In Double storey houses, unstable soils or complex foundations and roofing), an engineerâ€™s certificate or seal is required prior to submitting the plans to your local authorities. This document contains proof that a licensed structural engineer has been appointed by the homeowner to undertake any testing or specification of appropriate measures to ensure the integrity of the entire structural system.
NB. Where necessary and after you have purchased your plans from Nethouseplans.com, you can then appoint a local engineer of your choice who will also undertake any site visits and quality control during construction of your house. Also remember that a final engineer's Certificate of Completion will be required once building is completed and prior to obtaining an Occupation Certificate that allows you to occupy your house. This Completion Certificate is issued by the engineer once he has satisfied himself that the construction was undertaken in accordance with his initial specifications.
- LOCAL BUILDING AND PLANNING DEPARTMENT'S APPROVAL
Local Authorities are there to regulate and control the ever densification and development of cities and local residential areas. This is done by means of various building and zoning regulations and codes. Therefore, you will be required to submit your plans to your SPECIFIC local building and/or planning authority. Each local Authority operates on similar National Building Regulations but has certain specific local requirements that need to be satisfied before permission can be granted to build a house. So in satisfying these requirements, one needs to be aware of the specific requirements and fees payable to the relevant local authorities/councils. These requirements vary considerably from one local authority to the next, and it is best to approach your relevant local authority to ascertain these requirements. Energy efficiency calculations, SANS 204 and SANS 10400-XA requirements are also not included. It is the responsibility of the customer to fulfil these requirements in line with the geographical zoning applicable to the location of the site/stand. NB. For a relatively small fee an energy efficiency consultant/competent person, local Architect or Draughtsman can be appointed to undertake such requirements.
Q: Do you include a materials cost estimate or bill of quantity (BOQ) in your plans?
A: No. Building prices varies enormously and depends on various factors such as prices charged for material and labour in your area and other conditions that exist in your local area. Because of this, our best advice is to check with builders and hardware stores in your area. However, a more accurate indication of building costs for your house can always be obtained by contracting a Quantity Surveyor. As a result Nethouseplans.com does not provide these services.
Modifications/changes in house plan
Q: I've found a house plan I like, but there are a couple of things I'd like to change. What can I do?
A: Once you've found the house plan/building plans/architectural designs/ home plans/ house floor plans/ blueprints/ drawings that you prefer and would like us to undertake some minor amendments, just email us the request to amend the plans for you - Do not forget to include the plan number when emailing. Nethouseplans will then provide you with a fee proposal (quote) for the modification work. Alternatively, You can appoint a local architect or draughtsman who is well versed in the specific requirements by your statutory and local authority. It may also be necessary to include some specific site information and a Site Plan to the completed set of plans obtained from us. To facilitate this process you can request from us a digital copy of the plans in a CAD format. This CAD file can then be taken to your local architect or draughtsman for such amendments. Most architects and draughtsmen use CAD based software and will have no difficulty opening and amending your plans. What is more interesting is that even after you've appointed and paid the architect or draughtsman for such work, the total cost of your house plans will still be far less than if you'd have used the same architect or draughtsman to design your house from scratch. NB. As from 1 July 2006, ALL persons practicing architecture in South Africa or submitting house plans/building plans/architectural designs/ home plans/ house floor plans/ blueprints/ drawings to a Local Authority must be registered with SACAP. Nethouseplans.com will issue a SACAP form for every plan purchased from us. Please ensure that any architect or draughtsman you intend to use for any amendments to your plans is registered with SACAP and provides a high quality of architectural services as Nethouseplans.com.
Q: How much will the plan modifications cost me?
A: All plan modifications must first be assessed for feasibility prior to a cost being determined. Nethouseplans will issue a fee proposal (Quote) based on the extent of work that is necessary to complete the required modifications. Normally Nethouseplans.com does not charge for very minor changes. Our fees for plan modifications are calculated based on an hourly rate.
Q: Can I buy a plan from you but have someone else modify it for me?
A: Yes, you will need to request a CAD format of your plans from Nethouseplans in order to enable another architect or draughtsman to do the necessary changes for you.Â This will make the modification process less expensive and relatively cheaper to undertake. The file is normally emailed to you in a DWG or DXF format.
Q: Are all the house plans available mirror-reversed?
A: Yes, the plans can be mirrored at your request. Nethouseplans may levy a small fee for such conversions -please ask your service consultant for pricing. Always remember to specify on the order form or by email whether youâ€™re ordering a standard or mirrored/ reverse version of the plans.
Quantity requirement for plans and blueprint
Q: How many set's of plans do I need to build a house?
A: Usually up to about 10, In addition to the contractor, electrician and plumber's copies you will need plan copies to obtain quotes. From the issued sets of plans that you'll received from Nethouseplans, you can make as many copies as necessary from your local printing shop for purposes of building your house only
Policies and restriction of the house plan/Copyright Law
Q: I want to build this home on more than one site, is this allowed?
A: No. The purchaser of a house plan is only allowed to build a single house only one time unless otherwise stated in writing from Nethouseplans.com. No house plans/building plans/architectural designs/ home plans/ house floor plans/ blueprints/ drawings or part thereof can be copied and/or reproduced by any means and for any reason other than for purposes of building the house for which the plans have been purchased for and only once. We may offer discounted price for the multiple use of the plans, but you will have to contact us to order a license for the multiple use of the plans.
Q: How does copyright law affect me?
A: All Copyright is reserved to Nethouseplans.com. All house plans / building plans / architectural designs / home plans / house floor plans/ blueprints / drawings, pictures and content in this publication are property of Nethouseplans.com. Copyright is reserved to Nethouseplans.com in terms of South African Laws & Regulations and ALL International Treaty and Trade provisions. Only the purchaser of a house plan is allowed to build one house only 1 time unless otherwise stated in writing from Nethouseplans.com. No house plans/building plans/architectural designs/ home plans/ house floor plans/ blueprints/ drawings or part thereof can be copied and/or reproduced by any means and for any reason other than for purposes of building the house for which the plans have been purchased for. All rights reserved. Any Infringement of the Copyright carries a Minimum penalty of R 1 000 000.00 and is enforceable by the South African Laws and ALL related International Treaties and Trade provisions
Q: Can I come to your offices and consult with one of your consultants to review my requirements?
A: Yes, consultation is strictly by appointment. In the case of Custom designs, yes you can arrange with one of our professionals for a free hour session to discuss your requirements. In such cases you are required to email a brief summary indicating your requirements in advance.
However should you wish to consult or meet one of our professionals prior to purchasing a plan or accepting a Fee proposal, a consultation fee will then be levied for such consultation - otherwise the online quoting process remains FREE OF CHARGE!
Q: Is it safe to order with credit-card on Nethouseplans.com?
A: Absolutely. We use PayPal and PayFast (Both are highly respected third-party online payment gateways) to handle all credit and/or debit-card payments. Both have extensive security and privacy measures in place for this purpose.
Common Symbols and Terminology
Q: What is a PDF Version?
A: A PDF file contains an electronic copy of either the Study or Full scale version of the House Plans. PDF stands for Portable Document Format. A PDF file is a digital file format mostly used today to easily transfer files containing text, pictures, drawings and fonts into a single digital file, PDF file format is very simple to use and can be easily downloaded, stored and attached on emails via a PC. This also makes printing of additional copies of the plan even much easier. To read PDF files you require a PDF Reader software made available free by ADOBE. To download a free copy of Adobe PDF software from ADOBE click this link: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
NB. A PDF House Plan package cannot be altered after purchase. For making post-purchase alterations to the plans you will require a CAD electronic copy of the House Plans.
Q: What is a CAD or AutoCAD version?
A: A CAD/AutoCAD/DWG/DXF file contains an electronic copy of the House Plans in a format which it was created with. This file format is ideal in cases where a customer has purchased a plan that he/she likes but would like to make further changes to the plans before building or submission to the authorities. You can then take the file to any local Architect or Draughtsman who utilizes a CAD system in order to effect the changes for you.
A CAD file can only be opened from a PC which has a CAD system already installed.
Q: What do the abbreviations on the floor plans stand for?
A: Some of the common abbreviations that appear on our floor plans are:
BIC â€“ Built-In-Cupboards
Lin. â€“ Linen Cupboard
WIC. - Walk-In Closet
Prep.- Preparation Bowl
WC. â€“ Water Closet
WHB.- Wash Hand Basin
SHW or SH.- Shower
Din.- Dining Room
Bedr. - Bedroom
D/Garage.- Double Garage
How to compute footage or square meter
Q: How is the square meter (m2) or footage (ft2) calculated?
A: The square meter/footage of a plan is calculated on the covered (roofed or slab) habitable living area including Double Volumes. This will also include any finished basement areas, garages, porches and Patios (but excluding Balconies or any open â€“ uncovered- spaces).
All the information we collect is used to improve the contents of our website, customize the content or layout of the pages. We also make use of the information submitted to notify our customers about updates to our website or they are used to contact customers for marketing purposes.
We value the security of all personal information submitted to our site necessary for fulfilling your order like your name, contact numbers, email address and delivery address.
Our server also collects data pertaining to the analytics of the site. It gathers information on every visitor, their IP address, length of time spent on the site and pages accessed when visiting the site. These are all done in order for us to have a better understanding of what our customers want and need so that we can improve our services and products.
We may also ask additional information regarding your preferences, interests, demographics, experiences with products purchased and contact information so we can provide you with additional information and update you on our latest news. All of these are voluntary and you are not obliged to give out your information and you have the option to decline during registration.
The email addresses of those who communicate with us via email are recorded only if they are volunteered by the customer, such as via survey and/or site registration. Nethouseplans will not share these email addresses with other organizations for commercial purposes without your advance opt-in or permission consent.
If, at any point after giving Nethouseplans your personally identifying information, you do not wish to continue to receive additional information or contacted with updates about our products or services, please let us know by sending an email with your name, phone number, and mailing address to us here; you also may follow the procedures included in the removal instructions or by updating your account preferences.
Nethouseplans will use its best endeavours to protect the information you provide. Access to your information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites and Sponsors
Some of our sites contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites' privacy notices, as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.